August 18, 2008

Posted by michaelw on 5:38 PM

Hello cyber compadres,

First of all, did you see Michael Phelps and the rest of the Men's US Olympic Swim Team beat the trash-talking French in one of the greatest moments in sports history?! It was unbelievable. Now I love my Frenchies out there. When it comes to art, culture, food, healthcare, and clean energy, we all have a lot to learn from the French. But come on, even YOU have to give it up for my boys! Jason Lezak was almost a full body length behind Alain Bernard (the one who DID all the trash-talking) going into the last 50 meters. He pushed himself about as hard as a human being is capable of pushing, and just wouldn't let his team lose. Congratulations fellas! Only two more gold medals and our little 23-year old nice boy from Baltimore becomes the greatest Olympian of all time. I LOVE that stuff!

I just finished my first week of rehearsals on the play. It's going to be so freaking amazing, I really hope some of you get to see it. Check out the home page at michaelwelchonline.com for details. It's been very intense and quite an adjustment. I've gotten so used to working a certain way for film, television, and auditions, I forgot the process for theatre. We have a full six weeks of rehearsals to develop our characters and craft a show. It's a better way of working and I'm having a lot of fun.

I want to introduce all of you to my old friend Ryanne from Holland. She started my very first fan site. Now she's created a killer new site, michaelwelchmedia.com. She's got all kinds of crazy goodness over there. Check it out - it's one of a kind.

I also want to give a well-deserved shout out to Vee, Shadow, Izzie, and Anna or all that they're doing over at michael-welch.com, Shirley at the message board dazzlingstarz.com/michaelwforum, Holly, our webmaster at michaelwelchonline.com, and Larry Richman for his friendship and the help he does behind the scenes. Sheesh. I feel a bit spoiled. Thank you all.

That's it for now. I'll check in again when I can. Love to your mothers! Shalom.

-Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment